- I’ve come to make sure that your stay in Beijing is a pleasant one.
- You’re going out of your way for us, I believe.
- It’s just the matter of the schedule,that is,if it is convenient for you right now.
- I think we can draw up a tentative plan now.
- If he wants to make any changes,minor alternations can be made then.
- Is there any way of ensuring we’ll have enough time for our talks?
- So our evenings will be quite full then?
- We’ll leave some evenings free,that is,if it is all right with you.
- We’d have to compare notes on what we’ve discussed during the day.
- That’ll put us both in the picture.
- Then we’d have some ideas of what you’ll be needing
- I can’t say for certain off-hand.
- Better have something we can get our hands on rather than just spend all our time talking.
- It’ll be easier for us to get down to facts then.
- But wouldn’t you like to spend an extra day or two here?
- I’m afraid that won’t be possible,much as we’d like to.
- We’ve got to report back to the head office.
- Thank you for you cooperation.
- We’ve arranged our schedule without any trouble.
- Here is a copy of itinerary we have worked out for you and your friends.Would you please have a look at it?
- If you have any questions on the details， feel free to ask.
- I can see you have put a lot of time into it.
- We really wish you’ll have a pleasant stay here.
- I wonder if it is possible to arrange shopping for us.
- Welcome to our factory.
- I’ve been looking forward to visiting your factory.
- You’ll know our products better after this visit.
- Maybe we could start with the Designing Department.
- Then we could look at the production line.
- These drawings on the wall are process sheets.
- They describe how each process goes on to the next.
- We are running on two shifts.
- Almost every process is computerized.
- The efficiency is greatly raised,and the intensity of labor is decreased.
- All produets have to go through five checks in the whole process.
- We believe that the quality is the soul of an enterprise.
- Therefore,we always put quality as the first consideration.
- Quality is even more important than quantity.
- I hope my visit does not cause you too much trouble.
- Do we have to wear the helmets?
- Is the production line fully automatic?
- What kind of quality control do you have?
- All products have to pass strict inspection before they go out.
- What’s your general impression,may I ask?
- I’m impressed by your approach to business.
- The product gives you an edge over your competitors,I guess.
- No one can match us so far as quality is concerned.
- I think we may be able to work together in the future.
- We are thinking of expanding into the Chinese market.
- The purpose of my coming here is to inquire about possibilities of establishing trade relations with your company.
- We would be glad to start business with you.
- I’d appreciate your kind consideration in the coming negotiation.
- We are happy to be of help.
- I can assure you of our close cooperation.
- Would it be possible for me to have a closer look at your samples?
- It will take me several hours if I really look at everything.
- You may be interested in only some of the items.
- I can just have a glance at the rest.
- They’ve met with great favor home and abroad.
- All these articles are best selling lines.
- Your desire coincides with ours.
- No wonder you’re so experienced.
- Textile business has become more and more difficult since the competition grew.
- Could I have your latest catalogues or something that tells me about your company?
- At what time can we work out a deal?
- I hope to conclude some business with you.
- We also hope to expand our business with you.
- This is our common desire.
- I think you probably know China has adopted a flexible policy in her foreign trade.
- I’ve read about it,but I’d like to know more about it.
- Seeing is believing.
- I would like to present our comments in the following order.
- First of all, I will outline the characteristics of our product.
- When I present my views on the competitive products, I will refer to the patent situation.
- Please proceed with your presentation.
- Yes, we have been interested in new system.
- Has your company done any research in this field?
- Yes, we have done a little. But we have just started and have nothing to show you.
- If you are interested, I will prepare a list of them.
- By the way, before leaving this subject, I would like to add a few comments.
- I would like to ask you a favor.
- Would you let me know your fax number?
- Would it be too much to ask you to respond to my question by tomorrow?
- Could you consider accepting our counterproposal?
- I would really appreciate your persuading your management.
- I would like to suggest that we take a coffee break.
- Maybe we should hold off until we have covered item B on our agenda.
- As a matter of fact, we would like to discuss internally regarding item B.
- May I propose that we break for coffee now?
- If you insist, I will comply with your request.
- We must stress that these payment terms are very important to us.
- Please be aware that this is a crucial issue to us.
- I don’t know whether you realize it, but this condition is essential to us.
- Our policy is not to grant exclusivity.
- There should always be exceptions to the rule.
- I would not waste my time pursuing that.
- Would you care to answer my question on the warranty?
- I don’t know whether you care to answer right away.
- I have to raise some issues which may be embarrassing.
- Sorry, but could you kindly repeat what you just said?
- It would help if you could try to speak a little slower.
- Could you please explain the premises of your argument in more detail?
- It will help me understand the point you are trying to make.
- We cannot proceed any further without receiving your thoughts with respect to the manner of payment.
- Actually, my interest was directed more towards what particular markets you foresee for our product.
- We really need more specific information about your technology.
- Our project must proceed at a reasonably quick tempo. Surely one month is ample time, isn’t it?
- I will try, but no promises.
- I could not catch your question. Could you repeat it, please?
- The following answer is subject to official confirmation.
- Let me give you an indication.
- Please remember this is not to be taken as final.
- Let’s imagine a hypothetical case where we disagree.
- Just for argument’s sake, suppose we disagree.
- There is no such published information.
- Such data is confidential.
- I am not sure such data does exist.
- It would depend on what is on the list.
- We need them urgently.
- All right. I will send the information on a piecemeal basis as we acquire it.
- I’d like to introduce you to our company. Is there anything in particular you’d like to know?
- I’d like to know some information about the current investment environment in your country?
- I’d like to know something about your foreign trade policy.
- It is said that a new policy is being put into practice in your foreign trade.
- Our foreign trade policy has always been based on equality and mutual benefit and exchange of needed goods.
- We have adopted much more flexible methods in our dealings.
- We have mainly adopted some usual international practices.
- You have also made some readjustment in your import and export business, have you?
- We are sure both of us have a brighter future.
- How would you like to proceed with the negotiations?
- Perhaps you’ve heard our product’s name. Would you like to know more about it?
- Let me tell you about our product.
- This is our most recently developed product.
- We’d like to recommend our new home health monitor.
- That sounds like the product we had in mind.
- I’m sure you’ll be pleased with this product.
- I’m really positive that this product has all the features you have always wanted.
- I strongly recommend this product.
- If I were you, I’d choose this product.
- We’ve already had a big demand for this product.
- This product is doing very well in foreign countries.
- Our product is competitive in the international market.
- Let’s move on to what makes our product sell so well.
- Good. That’s just what we want to hear.
- The distinction of our product is its light weight.
- Our product is lower priced than the competition.
- Our service, so far, has been very well-received by our customers .
- One of the real pluses of this product is that it is of very high quality and of compact size.
- Could we see the specifications for the X200?
- Certainly. And we also have test results that we’re sure you’d be interested to read.
- How about feed-back from your retailers and consumers?
- We have that right here in this report.
- Could you tell me some more about your market analysis?
- Yes, our market analysis tells us our prime user will be between 40 and 60.
- How soon can you have your product ready?
- We certainly expect our product to be available by October 1.
- How did you decide that product was safe?
- What’s the basis of your belief that the product is safe?
- I’d like to know how you reached your conclusions.
- Why don’t we go to the office now?
- I still have some questions concerning our contract.
- We are always willing to cooperate with you and if necessary make some concessions.
- If you have any comment about these clauses, do not hesitate to make.
- Do you think there is something wrong with the contract?
- We’d like you to consider our request once again.
- We’d like to clear up some points connected with the technical part of the contract.
- The negotiations on the rights and obligations of the parties under contract turned out to be very successful.
- We can’t agree with the alterations and amendments to the contract.
- We hope that the next negotiation will be the last one before signing the contract.
- We don’t have any different opinions about the contractual obligations of both parties.
- That’s international practice. We can’t break it.
- We are prepared to reconsider amending the contract.
- We’ll have to discuss about the total contract price.
- Do you think the method of payment is OK for you?
- We are really glad to see you so constructive in helping settle the problems as regards the signing of the contract.
- Here are the two originals of the contract we prepared.
- Would you please read the draft contract and make your comments about the terms?
- When will the contract be ready?
- Please sign a copy of our Sales Contract No.156 enclosed here in duplicate and return to us for our file.
- The contract will be sent to you by air mail for your signature.
- Don’t you think it necessary to have a close study of the contract to avoid anything missing?
- We have agreed on all terms in the contract. Shall we sign it next week?
- We had expected much lower prices.
- They are still lower than the quotations you can get elsewhere.
- I can show you other quotations that are lower than yours.
- When you compare the prices,you must take everything into consideration.
- I can assure you the prices we offer you are very favorable.
- I don’t think you’ll have any difficulty in pushing sales.
- But the market prices are changing frequently.
- It’s up to you to decide.
- The demand for our products has kept rising.
- How long will your offer hold good?
- We have new methods like compensation trade and joint ventrue.
- I think a joint venture would be beneficial to both of us.
- Please give us your proposal if you’re ready for that.
- Please go over it and see if everything is in order.
- Do you have any comment on this clause.
- Don’t you think we should add a sentence here like this?
- If one side fails to observe the contract,the other side is entitled to cancel it.
- The loss for this reason should be charged by the side breaking the contract.